What Is Black Mold?
Black Mold Removal in Fort Worth and the Mid-Cities
When people talk about black mold, they’re usually referring to Stachybotrys Chartarum. It’s capable of causing health effects in some people. If you see black mold, keep in mind:
- Mold commonly occurs in our natural environment. The problem with mold starts when there is too much in one space, or when someone sensitive to mold has a reaction to it.
- Not all black is Stachybotrys. There are many types of mold that are also black.
- Not all mold is toxic. It’s difficult to distinguish between mold types with the naked eye, and that’s why our black mold remediation process is performed with the highest levels of precaution--always.
Contact Us for a Free Mold Inspection
Do you see or suspect black mold on your property? Contact us. A mold remediation specialists will provide you with a free mold inspection and estimate for mold mitigation.
Signs of mold:
- A sweet, musky smell.
- Otherwise unexplained allergy-type symptoms.
- Black or different colored spots that continue to grow.
Common places mold grows:
- Rooms with high-levels of moisture, like bathrooms, kitchens, and attics with water heaters.
- Any room that did not have proper water damage remediation.
Black Mold Removal Near You
Our franchise is a full-service SERVPRO in Fort Worth, TX. We serve our clients through 100% of their restoration process. We have over 30 years of experience, and we are ready to help you, too.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of North Richland Hills immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (817) 589-1499
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of North Richland Hills is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
SERVPRO of North Richland Hills proudly serves Fort Worth, North Richland Hills, Watauga, and surrounding areas.