“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Mold removal is when all mold spores are eliminated from an environment completely.
Mold remediation is when the levels of mold are returned back to normal levels so the inhabitants and the property where the mold exists don’t experience any adverse effects.
Mold removal isn’t possible. Since mold is a naturally occurring part of our environment, ridding an environment completely of mold is impractical and unsustainable for everyday living. Instead, mold remediation is the service most property owners are looking for.
Free Mold Inspections
The SERVPRO mold remediation process is the industry best. We’ve performed mold cleanup for thousands of properties in DFW, and we are ready to help you, too.
Contact us today.
Being Promised Mold Removal?
Many companies use the terms “mold removal” and “mold remediation” interchangeably. Make sure you understand exactly what your mold remediation company is promising.
Mold Remediation in Dallas Fort Worth
Mold becomes a problem when it starts to negatively affect its environment, like:
- Mold has spread and grown enough to be seen visually growing on walls, carpeting, or other surfaces.
- An individual starts to experience health effects.
Consider mold remediation if either of the two scenarios applies to someone living in your property. Also consider mold remediation services if:
- Water removal services were not performed correctly or by a professional water remediation company.
- You find a pipe leak or roof leak, especially a slow one.
- Your kitchen or bathrooms are not well ventilated.
We Provide Mold Remediation Near You
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (817) 589-1499
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (817) 589-1499
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of North Richland Hills is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2140 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We proudly serve Fort Worth, TX, North Richland Hills, TX, Watauga, TX, and surrounding areas.